and Environmental Education (C2E2),
"An environmentally literate citizenry sustaining a quality environment for generations to come."
"Promote excellence in environmental education by providing support, resources, and networking opportunities to North Dakota's community of educators."
"Quality - Collaboration - Accessibility - Innovation - Responsiveness."
There has never been a more compelling time than now to help solve environmental issues that impact and involve our natural and cultural resources. With a growing list of partners, C2E2 is in the right place at the right time to help raise awareness, develop skills, and empower stewards of all ages to act. We have taken the lead in:
- generating a "ND Environmental Literacy Plan,"
- creating a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to build collaboration and visibility,
- establishing a non-profit organization,
- embedding EE into ND Science and Social Studies State Content Standards,
- infusing environmental education into the University Program Standards for Teacher Education in Science and Social Studies,
- building a web site to serve as a clearinghouse for information,
- providing a calendar of EE events,
- sponsoring an Outstanding Environmental Award for regional and the State Science Fairs,
- selecting National Youth Science Camp scholarship winners for the governor from 2000-2019,
- participating in a variety of PreK-20+ youth education events, such as Environmental and Water Festivals; Earth, Arbor, and Zoo Days; Eco-eds and Envirothons; etc.,
- producing Trading Cards of trees, macroinvertebrates, and soils,
- securing affiliate membership from NAAEE in 2011, and
- providing professional development graduate credit and noncredit workshops for formal and nonformal educators working with PreK-20+ students..